Targetting the customers closest to you and making your business visible to them is a smart way to generate fast paying customers.
To do this, you want to make sure you put your business exactly where your prospective customers nearby can find it. As a major search engine, billions of people all over the world use Google to find information about their needs and businesses that can cater to these needs.
To make the search more effective, Google has developed Google My Business to make it easier for its users to locate businesses within their locality.
WHAT IS GOOGLE MY BUSINESS?
Google My Business (also GMB) is a free and easy-to-use tool that puts your business right in front of your potential customers by helping you manage how your business appears on google search and maps.
It includes your business name, location, hours, photos, and enough information that makes your potential customers know what you do and how you operate.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS?
When you conduct a google search, google brings three listings. The first listing is the “paid search” which contains companies that pay for adverts, the second listing is the local 3-pack which is GMB while the third listing is the organic results. The space GMB occupies on the search engine makes your business visible to your potential customers easily. When customers nearby search for services related to your business, your business appears at the local 3-pack which makes your brand more visible.
Through the optimization GMB gives your business, you can turn searches to paying customers. So that when a prospective customer searches for ” food vendors nearby” your business appears within seconds if it is in the same location. Most of these searches are triggered by an urgent need, therefore, chances are that your prospective customer would patronize you as soon as possible after locating your business.
GMB is a good way to show your customers what your brand is all about and what your brand personality is like. Through your photos, videos, reviews, and the information on GMG, your potential customer can have an idea of what your brand entails, so you want to ensure all the information you are letting out is accurate and portraying your brand in the best way possible. Read on branding elements for your business here.
GMB gives room for physical interaction with your customers and physical interaction as proven to be an effective way of establishing good relationships. If the physical interactions between you and your customers go well, it is possible that you have a community of customers who trust you and trust your brand. This can go a long way in establishing a lasting bond that would make your customers loyal to you.
HOW TO CREATE A GOOGLE MY BUSINESS LISTING.
There are few easy steps to take in order to create a Google My Business listing.
- 1 : Log into your business google account
- 2: Go to google.com/business and click on “start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- 3: Enter your business name.
- 4: Fill in your business address.
- 5: If you deliver your services and products to your customers’ location, click on ” I deliver goods and services to my customers”. If you work outside and you do not wish to reveal your location, click on “Hide my address”. Then, select your delivery area.
- 6 : Choose your business category.
- 7 : Insert your phone number
- 8 : Pick a verification option.
- 9: After verifying your account, go to Google My Business dashboard, select the listing you want, click on “info” and fill in your business details. Include a profile photo, area, and other information regarding your business.
If you want your potential customers within your locality to find your business easily, Google My Business is a must-have tool for you.
We can help you set up Google My Business free to get your customers get to you.